Thursday, February 23, 2012

When in doubt...

Everyone has their moments of doubt. I remember when I first bought my house in Noblesville, the night after closing I had the biggest knot in my stomach. "Did I do the right thing?" Big risks always mean a little bit of worry. About a month after we got an accepted offer on our house in Noblesville, Mike and I were sitting around our fire pit (that was built in to the patio that my Dad put in for us..Rods Quality Concrete on FB). We were trying to burn all of the wood we had left because our time to be out was getting ever closer. We popped a nice bottle of wine and sat in our camp chairs staring at the unusually bright stars. One of us, we can't remember which, said something along the lines of "What are we doing, we sold our house and we are really going to start a bison farm???" We had a HUGE moment of doubt --- a HUGE moment of "WHAT THE HECK ARE WE THINKING."

At this point Mike is staring into the fire:
Talk about a SIGN.

God is in charge.

We looked at 50+ foreclosures and houses, farms, empty land from Shelbyville to Martinsville AND WE ENDED UP RIGHT BACK WHERE WE STARTED OUR SEARCH.

If you think for one second that you are the boss, think again.

Until next time - AR

No comments:

Post a Comment